Dec 5, 2011

Wedding Shoes

This is a picture of my closet:
You might not be able to tell from this picture, but almost every pair of shoes here are high heels. I LOVE heels. I wear them every day to work. I would never be caught dead in a skirt or dress without them. I don't even own a pair of sneakers (seriously- there were Cons once, I don't know where they are now.)

Unfortunately, heels are an impossibility for my wedding, as the fiance and I are the same height. I wore wedges for our engagement pictures, and gave both our mothers a heart attack when they saw how I towered over him in the proofs. Needless to say, they're already hassling me about low shoes for the big day. And though it devastates me to not wear heels, I have to agree that they're right.

So I've been doing a little research on some wedding - appropriate flats. I found a few options, though I don't really love any of them:


From top: Steve Madden's I-Dreemy, Karisma, and Kinetic, from Zappos

I'm leaning towards the glittery Steve Maddens, since they're inexpensive and and festive, but for now I'm going to keep shopping, missing my high heels all the way!

What are you guys thinking for wedding shoes? My best friend wants to wear sparkly Toms- any other fun ideas?


6 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite of you. I never wear heels but I'll be wearing them for the wedding! I like the Steve Madden ones too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having this same problem! I wear heels everyday and rarely wear flats. However my fiance is only an inch taller than me so heels are not really an option for the wedding. I've been looking for some cute flats but I can't find anything. I like the Steve Madden flats with the bling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wear heels to and I'm wearing 4 inch Badgley Mischka and I have to break them in. I'm scared I will trip walking in the grass..I did buy flats to change into later.

    I do like the SM ones with the sparkle, they are way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you love heels, you should wear them. We think it is HOT when a bride is taller than her hubby - supermodel like, and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Steve Madden and the Kate Spade ones the best! Maybe you can get heels and your groom can wear platform shoes - I think Tom Cruise does that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlike you, I'm definitely not a heel girl- so I'm definitely wearing flats for my wedding. Check out the Badgely Mischka Dasher flats- they carry them at DSW. These are the ones I'm leaning towards...thought you might like them since I've also look at all the ones you listed above!!

    ReplyDelete