Aug 22, 2011

Vacation Recap

I apologize for my weeklong lack of posting; I went on vacation last week and forgot to set up my scheduled posts!

But I'm back now, with a recap of our trip, since I think it would make a great honeymoon destination! (Definitely got me, a very nervous traveler, super pumped for our honeymoon).

Mr. B and I went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, with 9 of our friends. After such a hectic summer, the vacation was EXACTLY what we needed: sun, sand, friends, and free mojitos.
We spent our days lounging by the hotel's amazing infinity pool:

And took a boat ride over to the swimmable Lover's Beach (rip tides make much of the water around Cabo too dangerous to go in, as we learned the hard way during a water taxi fiasco):

We had an amazing dinner at the Mona Lisa restaurant, which is built into a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was especially awesome that we got there in time for sunset!

And we hit up some bars in town, including Cabo Wabo and Squid Roe, the big tourist spots: 

We stayed at the Riu Santa Fe, which was beautiful, clean, and very inexpensive (just under a grand for 5 days all inclusive, plus airfare and daily restocking of the Dos Equis in our minibar. The Santa Fe is the slighter lower end Riu resort, and I would recommend it if you are on a budget. If you can spend a little more, it might be worth it to find a place with better food- while I loved the resort, the food was just awful (granted I am a food snob, but even my vulture guy friends barely touched it).

Anyone thinking about Cabo for a honeymoon?

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous place. The resturant on the cliff looks amazing..that is one place I have always wanted to go..hopefully after we are married we can hit all of our wish list travel places!

    ReplyDelete