Mar 20, 2012

Apparently I Need a Million Dresses

It's amazing how many new outfits we need for wedding events. I put all my energy into finding the perfect  wedding dress (success!) only to forget that I need dresses for my engagement pictures, engagement party, bachelorette, bridal shower, and rehearsal dinner. In real life I'm a serial outfit repeater but the same people are at all these super-photographed events, so I must shed my repetitive ways and drag my butt shopping.


Finding outfits is made harder by the fact that I've been to basically zero bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, so I have no idea what's appropriate. My mother also insists on making my shower a surprise, and the only outfit guidance I've gotten is "You better wear heels" and "Consider leopard."


Right now, I'm planning to wear this dress from Express for my shower:




In all honesty I don't LOVE it, the material is only of mediocre quality, but I'm pretty sure the shower is fast approaching and I really haven't found anything else. I do plan to accessorize it better- a neater black cardigan, giant pearl necklace, giant pearl bracelet- so hopefully that'll help.


What I did really love was this, but cannot justify spending $400 on a dress. Also it's not leopard:



For the rehearsal dinner, I bought this pretty dress on a major sale in J.Crew. I'm not totally sold on it either though. 








I had wanted a more retro silhouette:




Or something just more sparkly/bright/fun:



Badgley Mischka Orion shift, Halston confetti dot dress, Theia fuschia party palm dress- pics from Rent the Runway


These are all from Rent the Runway, I can't afford to actually buy any of these. I have never used the site before but am definitely considering experimenting with it for one of these events.

Such as my bachelorette. I love the Herve Leger bandage dresses, they scream bachelorette to me. I would DEFINITELY never buy or rewear one, so a rental option is a great idea for that. I love this new spring shade:
 The only thing I'm set with? My morning after brunch dress, which will definitely be repeated during my honeymoon:



I have wanted a Lilly dress forever and finally found one that fits. It's a little pricey, but I think Lilly is classic- those fun patterns and prints are in style every summer.


What are you guys wearing for all the events surrounding your wedding? Send some inspiration my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment