Feb 28, 2011

Bridal Party Cards- The Envelopes

I want to DIY parts of my wedding, but am afraid to tackle the big stuff like invites, so I’m making cards to ask my girls to be bridesmaids. This way, I can satisfy my craft craving but still keep the project small and manageable.  (and by “manageable,” I mean it is near impossible to feed thick cardstock through a printer and actually I never want to do this again).

The first thing I worked on was the envelopes, using Mrs. Hamster’s lining tutorial. I pre-printed them with everyone’s addresses, which took a fair amount of trial and error to get set up correctly- it's amazing how something looks one way on a computer screen, yet prints unrecognizably. 

I created a liner template by tracing an envelope onto a piece of cardstock and cutting it out. I'm sure you could buy something like this, but that didn't occur to me. I cut about ½ inch off the perimeter of my template to get the size right- you want it to be smaller than the envelope, so you get the nice border around your liner.



I traced around my template onto a sheet of liner paper, and cut the liners out.


I pre-folded them before spraying with glue and lining up in the envelope. This part was a little tricky, since I used a really light paper prone to crinkling. But eventually, with a little patience I was successful:


 And here are the finished envelopes! Very pretty, if I do say so myself!  I love the hot pink:


Supplies:
Gold on Cream Mums Paper from Paper Source, $4.95 for a 20 x 29 sheet

1 comment:

  1. The liner looks great!

    I'm a new follwer. Can't wait to go back and read all your older posts.

    You can follow my blog too! http://www.sandytoesbride.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete